Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Monday, June 18, 2012

What A Wonderfully Odd World

Cindy Morgan & Bruce Boxleitner Do Not Cotton To Criticism Of Tron

Ah, Father's Day, the one holiday I have never, ever celebrated. I had the day off though, and after taking care of a wee bit of business in the morning, I was off to the Denver ComicCon.

It was a solo trip for me, as everyone I knew was either working, feeling under the weather, or had prior engagements. Which bummed me out a little. 

However, I still had a great time. The Con was everything I hoped it would be, and more. There were so many great people in attendance, all having a great time. There is nothing quite like being alongside your own kind, eh?

As Catwomen Go Baby, You're The Best

There was so much at this Con that reminded me of the S.D. Cons of the '70's. It may have simply been the magic of nostalgia, but walking down the artists alley, perusing the goods on display along the rows of dealer tables, and mingling with fellow fans had me feeling like a kid again (without the acne though, and with enough moola to purchase a few choice items). I had a wonderful time.

Chris Bakunas Arm-Wrestling A God, Neal Adams (Who Kicks-Ass At 71!)

To put a truly awesome cherry on top of the day, I got to spend time with one of the most talented people in the whole history of comics, Mr. Neal Adams. I had met Mr. Adams before, in the mid-70's, and even though I like to think I've matured a bit since then and have become a little jaded to the whole idea of celebrity/idol worship, it was impossible for me not to still be a little awed talking to him - his influence on me as an artist cannot be overstated. And he's a great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment