Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, March 16, 2013

From Her To The Bottom Of The Bottle

                                                     A little rain for the plains

The rays of the sun burst through my window
                     Like SAS commandos hunting Libyan terrorists
I thought I saw a gleam in her eye
                     But it was just the reflection of 
                     An exploding jetliner falling from the sky
She made me feel like I was floating
                     Face down in the river
                     My body being washed away into the sea
Her gentle, lilting, sensual voice 
                     Saying "Goodbye you asshole" 
                     Like drinking glass, like swallowing lye

The flash of her smile in the bright light of day
                     Like the deadly end of a razor-sharp knife
I took her to Paris to see the Eiffel tower
                    That's when she told me 
                    She was scared of heights
We attended a play in the west end of London
                    She complained the whole night
                    That the seat made her Les Miserable
She wanted a pet so I got her a cat
                    The cat liked to curl up in my lap
                    She got jealous and fed it poison mice  

I kept begging for God to grant me the affinity
                     To scream in silence
God said to shut up and take it like a man
                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment