Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Few Lines For A Woman I Knew In Albuquerque


Press "1" if you'd like to hear this message in gibberish
Press your sin up against mine
This flirtation is getting us nowhere
Though it's not for lack of trying

There is something about you I cannot define
There is something about me you'd like to realign
Maybe if we held our breath and counted to ten
We might just trip into something radically divine

Your kisses tasted like black licorice
My arms around you but they would not entwine
As useless as 20,000 letters from Voltaire
Just another slam dancer in the chorus line*











The last line in this stanza was originally "Another lost moment altogether unsatisfying,"
but it always kind of bugged me, so I changed it on 01/21/2015 to a line I thought was much more fitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment