Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Monday, May 6, 2013

Approximately Nothing

                          Taken with my new Nikon D5200 - the resolution is impressive

The morning did not have it's mind made up as to weather. It was cloudy, but it was also warm. The sky was an odd mixture of charcoal gray and Iris blue. There are some who would say that was poetic and that it meant something magical and fantastic was on the horizon.

For me, it meant I would not be able to paint. 

Since last October I have been wanting to resume painting the house. The weather, my work schedule, and the fact that I put the "Pro" in procrastination all have conspired against me.

It is fortunate that I have neighbors who understand and indulge my tendency to take a bit more time than most to get things done. Those people are grand, seriously. 

Since it did not appear that rain, hard rain anyway, was imminent, I decided this morning that I'd get the paint, brushes, tarps, ladders, etc., out and at least be ready to start painting again.

But then...the sky grew darker...and the temperature dropped. This has been a very cool spring - I believe a record low for May was set last Wednesday and Thursday. I decided not to chance getting everything out and have to deal with a sudden downpour. 

Instead, I retreated to...nothing. I did nothing all day. Sorta. I did get a few small things done, but not much - just figured out the new camera and went to the gym, did a bit of shopping, read a bit about Outlaw American Poets and tried to get the dogs to sit while I attempted to balance dog treats on their noses.

So yeah, nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment