Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's Got To Suck To Be A Clerk Sometimes


On my way home from work I stop off at King Soopers to pick up something to eat at the Deli. As I'm waiting to check out the following exchange takes place between the customer checking out in front of me and the clerk working the register:

Customer: "Why did that ring up for $1.74? The sign on the shelf had a price of $1.49!"

Clerk: "I'll have to check that - the merchandiser probably forgot to take a promo down."

Customer: "I don't care who forgot what, I'm not paying $1.74. The sign said $1.49!"

The clerk nods her head in understanding and picks up the intercom and asks for a price check. Someone who looks to be a manager starts walking towards the checkout.

Clerk (To the manager looking person): "Can you check the shelf for a promo on these? It's not coming up on the register."

Customer: "Is she calling me a liar? Those were marked at a $1.49!"

Both the clerk and the manager looking person stare at the customer in a bit of disbelief. The manager looking person clears his throat. "Ma'am, I just have to run over to the shelf to see what the promo is on these, I'll be right back."

The manager looking person takes off and the clerk and the customer stand quiet for a minute, then something must of snapped in the customers brain.

Customer: "This is total bullshit! You're accusing me of lying about the price! That man is probably throwing the sign away and is going to claim these are $1.74! I hate this stupid store! Fcuk you!"

With that, she leaves the checkout line and storms out of the store. The manager looking person is back a few seconds after the customer has made her exit.

Manager looking person: "Yeah, they are on sale for  - where'd she go?"

Clerk: "She stomped off, convinced you were going to come back and say they were $1.74."

Manager looking person; "Weird. Well, I'll put her cart in the restocks."

Me (As I walk up to the clerk): "I saw what you're up to. Don't think you can make an extra .25 cents off of me."  

The clerk was not amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment