Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The First Morning In October Will Always Be Like This



Brad and I spent the evening toasting his memory and looking at old pictures. Pictures that captured moments spent living life with a man who had become more than a friend, who had become our brother and will always be our brother.

Three years gone now, and still it's rare for more than a couple of days to pass when something doesn't remind me of him; his mannerisms, his combination of a devil-may-care attitude with a wise-beyond-his years sense of responsibility. He was a character and a crack-up, a man who loved his family and a man who valued his independence.

Over the course of the past year there were many times when I thought of John. Times when I would think, "I wonder what John would think of this shittery," or I would say, "Man, that is John-level tomfoolery."

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever forget about him, and when I think those thoughts I always immediately answer myself with, "No, won't happen. John wasn't a visitor to my life, he was a permanent resident. Permanent." 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment