Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Describe Your Childhood In One Word

                                                          Eighteen and Clueless

The question was asked. Is there one word that could describe your childhood? The answer came to mind quickly. 

Confused.

In fact, that word so aptly covers my entire childhood, there isn't even an acceptable substitute. I was as confused as a boy could get for what seemed like eternity. It was literally my 30th birthday before the confusion began to subside.

The question was asked, why were you so confused? Well, it was a tumultuous time, the era classified as the '70's - very tumultuous - perhaps not for everyone, but it was for me. 

I was raised by four women (Mom and 3 older sisters), and zero men. In a suburban ghetto in Southern California. I used to kid myself that it wasn't so bad, but now, having a few miles on me and all that goes with it, I realize that yeah, it sucked.

Fortunately, I made it through that mess and I have a pretty damn good life now. In fact, I've had a pretty damn good life for awhile now. Hell, I have to be the luckiest guy I know. 

I haven't won the lottery or anything like that, but what hasn't happened to me that has happened to people I know...that's huge, that's pretty much like winning the lottery.

On top of that, I have a cool cat and two cool dogs that like to hang out with me on occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment