Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Only Things, That Matter


There is no way to know if this is true for anyone else, but there is something that has become increasingly more evident to me as the years pass

Things really do not matter

Now, it may be due to growing up deprived and underprivileged, but for the longest time the only thing that mattered was, in fact, acquiring things

There was a period, a couple of decades long truth be told, wherein I gathered, hoarded - things. I had to have material goods, and not just any material goods - I had to have things that others desired, things that would be desirable to others

Nowadays, not so much

Nowadays the things I desire...are of an intangible nature. I have lived long enough to have acquired most of the things I need...now what I want is the stuff of dreams

Happiness and security for my family and friends

Peace and prosperity

The knowledge that those I care about are doing well

The knowledge that those I don't care about are being kind to themselves and others

The one true thing...that sense of self worth that comes from knowing you are truly doing your best

It must be true what they say, that all good things come to those who wait. I waited a long, long time...and now, all good things are here.

Good things that cannot be seen or touched, only experienced

As of 04/30/2014, I am still the luckiest man I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment