Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Speaking Of Astute Observation


Last week I stayed at an older hotel for a couple of days while I was in San Diego. As a hot tub was open and operating on the hotel grounds, I took the opportunity to relax with a bit of a soak (Yeah, a public hot tub used by hundreds of people...I am a brave soul - and a big believer in Chlorine).

While walking through the hotel grounds to the pool/spa area, I passed an older woman sitting outside her room smoking a cigarette. She looked at me walking in my shorts and flip-flops, towel in hand, and quipped, "If you're going to the pool it isn't heated like it used to be. It was cold this afternoon, probably cold now."

I responded by saying, "No pool for me, going to soak in the hot tub."

She somewhat snorted and then asked, "Have you stayed here before? I've been staying here on and off for decades."

I replied No," and she nodded her head. Then she said, "A Christian group has bought the place, and it's really gone to hell since they took over. I'm going to find a new hotel to stay at the next time I vacation."

I nodded my head and kept on walking toward the vacant hot tub. I turned the jets on and stepped into the tub, pleasantly surprised by the agreeable temperature of the water.

As I settled into full on relax mode it suddenly struck me that the woman had seriously, and un-ironically stated that ever since the Christian group bought the place, it's gone to hell. 

Laughed out loud right there, legitimately.


No comments:

Post a Comment