Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sketches From The Second Week Of May


I was asked by an acquaintance why I like to sketch with a ballpoint pen. The answer is two-fold, One, it's extremely convenient - all you need is a pen and a sketchbook, don't have to worry about sharpening a pencil or smudging the sketch (once I trained myself to sketch left to right, top to bottom that is). Two, it's unforgiving, so it forces me to really look at what I'm sketching, get the basic form down quickly, and try to remember where all the shadows fall and where the highlights would be (sometimes I'm not very successful with that, but eh, that's why practice is essential).

No comments:

Post a Comment