Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Friday, July 31, 2015

Two For One Friday Evening


Tonight was a fantastic two-for-one night. On the way home from work via C-470 I was treated to yet another spectacular sunset over the Colorado front range (which, as a matter of course, I promptly took a picture of with my camera phone).

Having a beautiful sunset to follow for most of the drive home is nothing short of wonderful. Makes the drive so much more enjoyable.

By the time I got to Lakewood it was nearly 9:00, and the sun was well beyond the horizon. The sky was a dark French Ultramarine as I neared my house, but there was an ethereal glow coming from the passenger side window as I drove the last half mile or so. Passing the East Reservoir just north of Florida Avenue I caught sight of the Moon coming up and immediately made my way to the street that ran along the north side of the reservoir. With my Nikon D5200 in hand I hiked over to the western edge of the reservoir and took a number of pictures. 

Unfortunately, it being dark and me not having a light source on hand, adjusting the camera settings was nearly impossible - still, I got some nice shots.

And a few hundred mosquito bites too.



No comments:

Post a Comment