Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Newly Homeless = Moved To Colorado For The Pot


In past couple of weeks several very young panhandlers, alone or in groups of 2 or 3, have popped up throughout the Denver Metro area. 

I know this because my job takes me all over the Metro area, and I've seen quite a few of these "Newly Homeless" (Just a few weeks ago I wrote about encountering a group of 3 very young panhandlers holding signs that stated "Newly Homeless").

These "Newly Homeless" are not disabled Vets or people with serious physical or mental health issues that hinder them from earning a living. They are all, each and every one of them that I have seen, very young and very healthy individuals who have made the decision to live off of the generosity of the altruistic. 

The young man I took a picture of above was fairly honest about it when I asked him why he was "Newly Homeless." He said it was because he had moved to Colorado due to weed being legal, but that he couldn't get a job because every place he had filled out an application at wanted him to submit to a piss test.

Who'd a thunk?


No comments:

Post a Comment