Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Annual Report On The State Of Affairs...


The best part of waking up...is waking up and being able to complete a morning routine. Getting to the gym for a 30 to 45 minute workout, going back to the house and enjoying a delicious cup of homemade coffee (well...I do know how to operate the Mr. Coffee, so technically it's homemade), shaving the ol' mug with a fresh razor, taking a hot shower, and then taking the dogs for a walk (even when it's snowing, like this morning - the dogs love walking in the snow).

Most mornings I wake up feeling like the luckiest man on the planet. I have my health (though I could have better teeth - I want to have Matt Damon teeth - and my Doctor tells me I'm morbidly obese as that's what my BMI indicates - but seriously, I'm just a big guy - hell, my blood pressure numbers are good, my cholesterol is low, and though I'm older than fcuk I can still rep three bills clean - and I've never touched a single PED)...whoops, a little digression there. Where was I? Oh yeah, I have my health, use and control of my faculties, two good dogs and a damn cool cat...and family and friends I truly love and cherish.

That's not something I always had, or when I did have it I wasn't keen enough to recognize it and appreciate it. But these days I've matured enough to know what's really important in life, and the aforementioned is it - family and friends you can love and cherish. 

And good health, or at least relatively good health...and great pets that don't chew up everything they can get their paws on...and the presence of mind to be grateful for those things.

Oh, and good fitting comfortable shoes with arch support - gotta be grateful for New Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment