Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Friday, April 22, 2016

The Unbearable Din Of The Crying Of Doves

Another sad day for fans of awesomely talented musicians. 2016 is going down as the year the music died, and we're not even four full months in. 

I overheard two guys talking about the passing of Prince Rodgers Nelson as I was sitting in a bar this evening, and one of them made the comment that there would be a ton of people posting about how much the news of Prince's death absolutely devastated them as a means of drawing attention to themselves - and that comment angered me.

It angered me to the point where I wanted to walk over to the guy and say, "Screw you, asshole. You have no idea how much a performer such as Prince can influence a person's life, how a person may have been affected by lyrics he wrote or songs he performed. You're just one of those insufferable douche bags who judges others from a distance because it makes you feel superior. I hope you choke to death on your own bile someday."

I wanted to say that to the guy, but I didn't. I could'nt, really, as I was just too damn sad. I loved Prince's music, and his guitar skills were off the chart. Easily one of the ten or so best guitarists to ever pick up the instrument.

And I don't give a damn what anyone has to say about me posting that.



No comments:

Post a Comment