Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A Few Things That Scared Me When I Was Young

The first time an adult driving a car had to do something with her hands other than hold the steering wheel, and that adult looked over at me (I was 8 or 9) while saying, "Hold the wheel, try to stay in our lane."

Drinking a beer for the first time, on a dare. Tasted like crap. 

A teacher zeroing on me for an answer to a problem, even if I knew the answer.

How unapologetically violent I could become when anyone tried to bully me, or any of my friends, around. 

Going to away matches in white areas of S.D. (basically, most of S.D.) and feeling as inadequate as a kid possibly could.

Anyone, male or female, looking at me intently. Acne that was sufficient to incite other kids to label me "pizza face" made adolescence a living hell.

An episode of Night Gallery titled "Green Fingers." (which featured Elsa Lanchester of Bride of Frankenstein fame).

A thought that occurred to me when I was a preteen: "What is the Universe in?"

Leeches.









No comments:

Post a Comment