Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Slippery Ground

\
She was wearing a shirt with the words, "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" printed on it - complete with a Dr. Seuss-ish drawing of a fish on a bicycle.

My almost instantaneous response (thought, not spoken}  was, "Well, screw you - a man needs a woman like a fish needs a hook in it's mouth"

No Dr. Seuss-ish drawing as accompaniment.

This was in 1981. I have thought about having a shirt printed up with the "...fish with a hook in it's mouth" statement on it for over 35 years now, but until just tonight, decorum kept me from doing that.

Now, I don't care. I'm going to print up that shirt and I'm going to wear it with pride.


No comments:

Post a Comment