Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Wake Up And Smell The Regret


Nothing smells like a lie to me more than someone saying they have no regrets. I'm not stating that it's not possible to live a life without regrets or that there aren't actually people without regrets - I mean, there's obviously no way that I could possibly know that.

I'm stating I'm just mighty skeptical/cynical whenever I hear someone make the statement that they don't have any regrets, is all.

It just doesn't seem possible to me to live a life full of interactions with other humans and not manage to end up with a regret or two, or two hundred.

My personal, constitionally-protected opinion on regrets is that they are unresolved (or unreconciled, I suppose) issues from an individual's past that, until they are dealt with or resolved in a satisfactory manner have an undue influence on how a person thinks about life and especially on how a person behaves in situations similiar to what created the regret.

It's possible I'm wrong about this...but people have issues...all people. At least those with a functioning conscience.

So, whenever I hear someone make the statement, "I have no regrets," I automatically think that they are telling me a bit of a fib, especially if I personally know that they do indeed have a few issues.

I mean, it's way better to assume that than to assume they're callous psychopaths, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment