Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Talkin' 'bout That Generation

Usually I dismiss any claims of irresponsibility, laziness, apathy, etc., made against the younger generation as just curmudgeonly gripping about youth in general and give it nary a second thought.

Then I witnessed the following exchange when I recently had to return a rental car

Rental Car Agency Employee: "Thank you very much for choosing ________ for your vehicle rental. Did you find everything to be to your satisfaction?"

Rental Car Agency Customer (25 to 30-year old woman): "No it definitely was not! This is the worst car I have ever rented! I had to manually open the door! I picked this car up at night and the door was open so I didn't know I'd have to put the key in a lock and open the door manually! The first morning I had the car I stood in front of it for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to open the door! Totally unacceptable!" 

Rental Car Agency Employee: "...Uhm, the Yaris is the entry level rental and does not feature the amenities most of the compact and full-size rentals have..."

Rental Car Agency Customer: "I don't care what car it is! I had to manually open the door!"

The rant of the customer and the attempts at pacifying the customer on behalf of the rental car agency by the employee continued for about another 10 minutes - ending with the rental car agency customer still exclaiming her disgust with having to manually open the car door.

So, yeah, there you go.




No comments:

Post a Comment