Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, November 11, 2017

A Happy Birthday Wish

The 10th of November 2017 would have been my Mother's 86th birthday. It marked the first birthday of hers that I would not be saying Happy Birthday to her, or sending her a card, or a bouquet, or. well, anything.

It has been months since my Mother passed away, peacefully, in her sleep, as peacefully as one can pass away, I suppose.

Since then I have reflected quite a bit on how many good characteristics my Mother instilled in me, either through deliberate effort or just by example, and it has made me again realize how lucky I was to have someone with such incredible perseverance, such amazing faith and determination, raise me, and it has cemented in me the idea that I am one lucky man.

Thanks Mom, and Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment