Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Monday, February 12, 2018

Live From Cairo, It's Saturday Night!

Today I learned that the Egyptian version of Saturday Night Live (known as Saturday Night Live Arabia) had been suspended by the Egyptian Supreme Media Council for "sexual implications unsuitable for viewers."

Which stunned me speechless. Who knew that there was an Arabic version of Saturday Night Live? 

From the small article I read about the show I learned it had been on the air for four seasons until the ban, and was apparently very popular.  

The format of the show mirrored the SNL we all know and love here in the states, except of course the guest hosts were all Arabic celebrities as were the featured musical guests.

Truth be told, I'm a bit bummed out for the fans of the show - I figure the Arab world could use as much humor as it can possibly find. 




No comments:

Post a Comment