Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, February 19, 2015

UnWound: Sculpture In The Yards Of Homes In Lakewood Colorado

Last week I posted photos of the sculptures being featured at the Arvada Center's Outbound: Sculptures In The Field exhibition. With one wee exception I did not write a critique of any of the sculptures. 

However, I did engage in an email volley with a friend who suggested that the Arvada Center was finally making good use of the field, as it was a waste for it to sit empty or be used only for "displays of restored old cars."

Yes, that is a verbatum quote, used with permission. I was taken aback, as I love classic car shows.

My retort to that statement was that I could find sculptures of similar quality in the front yards of my neighbors, and of course that was met with not only disbelief, but a challenge. Put up or shut up, for a case of beer.

Well then...for a case of Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout, I present various sculptures I have seen in the front yards of homes withing a two mile radius of my house.

I do not know who is responsible for the sculptures (except for the work of Greg Wasil - I used a pic of one of his yard sculptures for a post back in July of '12), so apologies for the lack of attribution






















             This is Greg Wasil's front yard, and the next three pictures are of his work, too 




                  To see more of Greg Wasil's work, visit WWW.justsomethingdifferent.com



2 comments:

  1. Thanks you for showing my ArtWork. Greg Wasil / WAZ. Now justsomethingmetal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Greg, thanks for sharing your sculptures with the world!

    ReplyDelete