Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Friday, August 2, 2019

The Distorted And The Dispositional

I love to play trivia games - mainly because I'm old, and trivia games allow me to be involved in competition and not wake up every morning of the following week feeling like I slept in a wine press. 

Unlike, say, an old man pick-up basketball game. 

Plus, I win a lot.

Unlike, say, in old man pick-up basketball games.

There are people who think I'm smarter than I am based upon how good I am at answering trivia questions.

The truth is I just have a weird memory for random crap and that's all there is to it.

Oh sure, sometimes I connect a few obvious clues together to deduce an answer, but those occurrences are very few and very far between.

My success at trivia games is 99% my weird memory for the arcane and insignificant.

Couldn't have a brain that formulates and initiates successful investment strategies or that thinks six moves ahead in a game of chess....nope.

But at trivia I'm aces.

No comments:

Post a Comment