Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, October 26, 2019

I Can't Find The Sheet Music, But I Can Hum The Tune


I attended the wedding of my youngest nephew this afternoon and it was a beautiful ceremony, start to finish.

He married a wonderful young lady and it was impossible to miss not just the love that they had for one another, but the esteem that they had for one another. 

I am not ashamed to admit that I got a little misty-eyed when they exchanged vows. It really was quite nice.

The wedding (and reception) was held at a winery located in the small mountain town of Ramona, about an hour east of San Diego. The day I arrived in San Diego there was a wildfire raging in that area - a wildfire that was literally halted at the gates to the winery.

The fact that the wedding was able to be held was nearly miraculous, and the coincidence of the venue's name being "Milagro" (Spanish for miracle) was appreciated by everyone who attended the wedding.

I thought of the wedding of my nephew's mother and father as I watched my nephew and his FiancĂ©e become husband and wife and somewhat marveled to myself about how wonderful it was to have been part of their wedding and to now be witnessing the marriage of their son.

Later, at the reception, as I watched my sister and her husband dancing alongside of their son and his new bride, I made a silent wish that the newlyweds would be as good to each other as their parents had been to one another, and that one day they too would be able to dance at their children's weddings.

Man, I love weddings...as a spectator, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment