Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sirens In The Afternoon


Came home from work Saturday night to the smell of something burning in the air. I thought it could be attributed to the haze from the west coast wildfires that has been hanging over Denver the past few days (yep, that smoke has made it 1,300 miles east and still moving), but then realized that couldn't be, as I would have noticed the smell if it was from the wildfire related haze a least two days ago.

Seeing nothing that could explain the smell of a fire when I drove through the neighborhood to my house, I mentally chalked it up to someone having a backyard get together that included a firepit, though it was a bit warm out for that - must have been in the mid-'80's still when I pulled into my driveway.


This morning I drove up to the King Soopers on Florida and Kipling to get some coffee, and when I got out of the car I noticed the faint smell of an extinguished fire in the air - that smell of a campfire that has had a pot of water thrown on it but is still somewhat smoldering. 

As I was in line checking out I commented to the clerk behind the register on the fire/burn smell and she told me that was probably from the house up the street that was set on fire during a domestic dispute yesterday. I asked if anyone had been hurt because of it and she said that she hadn't heard about anyone being hurt, but that a man had been arrested at the scene.

I couldn't go check it out then as I was a bit pressed for time, but I figured I could stop by the scene of the fire after work.

These two pics are of the house, and as you can see it was a fairly big fire that caused quite a bit of damage. All because of a domestic dispute - wonder if the guy got caught on that Ashley Madison website.

No comments:

Post a Comment