Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Holy Freakin' Ferruginous Hawk!


I saw something this morning on my drive into work that I had only previously seen on one of those nature channel shows.


While I was stopped at an intersection I caught sight of a small bunny on a grassy median to my right hopping around some low shrubs, and just as I was thinking to myself "Awww...look at the cute baby bunny," a large hawk swooped down and grabbed the bunny in its talons and flew away with it.


The sequence of events happened so fast I could hardly believe what I had seen. I looked to my left and the driver of the car next to me was sporting the same dumbfounded and astonished look on his face as I was. We glanced at each other with raised eyebrows and looks that seemed to convey "Wow, nature is a bitch."




By then the cars behind us were both honking their horns to get us moving, so it was a pretty short shared cosmic moment.


Wild though.

No comments:

Post a Comment