Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Friday, July 12, 2019

An All-Inclusive Vacation In NothingsHappeningVille

The past week a number of people have been sharing their ideas of what a perfect vacation would be. What's wild about the ideas being shared is an odd commonality. It seems most of the people I know, and even a number of people I don't know but who have nonetheless freely shared their ideas of what a perfect vacation would be are not so much interested in a place they want to visit as they are interested in getting away from a place they are already at and/or a situation they have to deal with.

The most common perfect vacation cited is one that involves being able to get away from people - not specific types of people, just people in general, and the tediousness of having to interact with them on a daily basis. 

The vast majority of the people who shared that as their ideal vacation added unequivocally it would also have to be one without phones or the internet, which I find interesting. Is there now too much communication going on? Are there too many people out their sharing too much?

I'm not much of a social media guy (this lame excuse for a blog is pretty much it), but I do get a lot of stuff emailed and/or texted to me. I get a lot of stuff sent my way that I'm not at all interested in, but I also get a lot of stuff sent my way that I find interesting and/or informative as well.

I suppose I wouldn't mind taking a vacation from the phone and internet, and maybe from some people too. Not all people though, there are quite a few people I know that I think would be fun to go on a vacation with. 

And not all of the internet, either - sure would hate to be somewhere interesting and not be able to post stories and pics about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment