Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Things That Make You Go "Huh".

So there we were, MJM and I, sitting at the bar in the BW3's on Alameda & Wads, just sipping on beers and awaiting our food orders.

There is a single guy to my left nursing a bottle of Bud, and there is a single guy to MJM's right, also nursing a drink, though not a Bud. 

MJM and I being the friendly conversational types that we are, start up convo's with the guys to our respective lefts and rights, and somehow the convo I'm having with the Bud guy turns to the subject of San Diego, and he quips, "I was raised primarily in Kansas, but I was born at Balboa Naval hospital in San Diego."

I instantly reply, "What a coincidence, I was born at Balboa Naval hospital in San Diego, too."

The guy on Mike's right overhears this and exclaims, "Wow, me too! I was born at Balboa Naval hospital in San Diego too."

What are the odds that three complete strangers sitting at a bar 1200 miles from the hospital they were all born in would meet up? Got to be high on the things-very-unlikely-to-happen list.

The really crazy part is we were all the same age, literally born withing months of each other.

Okay, maybe not so crazy, but odd nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment