Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The CoVid-19 Is Whipping Me*


Y'all heard the story, of beatin' that ol' CoVid-19
Punchin' and swingin', whippin' that ol' CoVid-19
I'm here to tell ya, the CoVid-19's whippin' me

Used to go 'round thinkin' ain't nothing goin' hurt me
Used to go 'round thinkin' ain't nothing in the world goin' hurt me
But my world vanished when I caught the ol' CoVid-19

Went to the doctor and he said son you gotta step back
Went to the doctor and he said son you just gotta step back
Keep your six foot distance or you'll give me a heart attack

Strollin' down the street saw all the people wearin' masks
Strollin' down the street, yeah, everybody was wearin' a mask
Steppin' away from me as if I was a dangerous outcast

I got the fever and the cough, and my lips are turnin' blue
I got the fever and the cough, and my lips are turnin' pale blue
This doggone bug is worse than any ol' stupid flu

Goin' 'round thinkin' I'm probably not gonna' last too long
Goin' 'round thinkin' I might not last too long
So long everybody, hope you miss me when I'm gone


*Based on "The TB Is Whipping Me" written in 1937 by Ernest Tubbs. 
Massive apologies, but I just couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment