Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Land Of The Giants, The Musical

A friend of mine emailed me the other day about something I'd written the other day regarding a dream. This email did not discuss the dream I had, it just discussed dreams as a whole and how they are interpreted, and he ended the email with the question, "What was the weirdest dream I can recall?"

That question was pretty easy to answer, as I've been writing down my dreams for a couple of decades now, and the weirdest dream in my dream diaries is easily the one I had about attending a stage musical at an extremely large theater and afterward meeting the cast backstage...

...and they were all extraordinarily tall, even the actors who played the roles of children in the musical were at least six and a half feet tall.

In the dream a stage-manager type person who was of average height was backstage too, and this average height person was introducing me and a few other theater goers (who were also of average height) to the cast, with the explanation that all of the actors were so very tall due to the large size of the theater. 

The stage was the largest stage ever built, and the sets were all twice the size of ordinary sets, and that was done deliberately - the intention being that, by recruiting the tallest actors in the world to perform on the biggest stage in the world, and utilizing the largest sets, then even those attending the show who were sitting in the worst seats in the house, the ones in the way, way back, would be able to see the characters and sets clearly, and as the sets were scaled to the actors size, it would all look as if of normal proportions.

Weird dream, right? Someone interpret that for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment