Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, May 11, 2017

People Like To Eat

Tonight I was in the company of a friend who can eat at one setting more food than any other person I have ever known. 

If my phone hadn't died I would have taken pictures of his most recent dinner order, so without the proof provided by photographs, you'll just have take my word for it.

Disclaimer; My friend is no Diamond Jim Brady, but still, he likes to eat.

Tonight my friend and I had decided to eat at a local place that offers two-for-one appetizers during happy hour - uhm, more accurately, my friend insisted we eat dinner at this local place specifically because of that offer.

We each ordered an appetizer, and we each received two. He ate most of three, I ate about one and a quarter (gotta admit, it's hard to resist bacon-cheese-jalapeno tater tots).

Then came the main course. I ordered a good ol' fashioned cheeseburger with fried onions and bacon, and my friend ordered...two cheeseburgers, both with double bacon, double cheese, and double egg - yes, egg - a fried egg (or fried eggs - that's the double part) is available for $1.00 more on any burger at this local joint (read: Fiddles), and my friend added two fried eggs to each of his burgers.

And he ate them, along with the double side of fries, no problemo.

As we were leaving the local joint about an hour later my friend asked, after commenting upon the quality of the food and the large serving of fries, if I wanted to stop at T-Bell on the way home to pick up a dozen or so tacos or maybe a burrito or two.

My arteries started to harden almost instantly.



No comments:

Post a Comment