Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Not Being Flippant, Just Curious

 Is it that every single human being on this planet (including yours truly) is oblivious to some aspect of their own behavior that is as annoying as all get out?

Or is it that every single human being on this planet (including yours truly) is capable of being annoyed by an aspect of anyone's behavior, no matter how innocuous

I know the answer to this on a personal level, as I do manage to annoy people just by being me - I have literally been told that a person has left a room simply because I had entered it - and I've been told that (or similar) on several occasions.

Now, I am not sure what aspect of my personality or appearance or behavior it was that caused those specific individuals to leave a place when I entered, but I have learned not to give it too much thought, as it's really none of my business what other people think of me - they are entitled to their thoughts just as much as I am.

And the opposite is also true - I have literally walked out of a room when I saw a person I just did not want to have to share the same air with, for what I believed were sound, rational reasons. 

Though I could have been wrong - my perceptions of who and what people really are have turned out to be erroneous on multiple occasions.

My point is this: What compels the aforementioned behaviors and reactions? Is it an innate defensive mechanism? Is it an experience-based filtration system we all develop as we age? Is it a lack of tolerance or acceptance that grows within us like a cancer, mutating into a dominating aspect of our world view due to lack of the ability to recognize it and learn to excise it before it takes control of us?

Or is simply that each and everyone of us has a little bit of a**hole in us that cannot be contained or modified in anyway, no matter how hard we try?




No comments:

Post a Comment