Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, October 19, 2023

The Unfunny Conversation

"Hey man, I got a great joke for you!"

"Save your breath, Bro, I've lost my sense of humor."

"What? How the hell can a person lose their sense of humor? - are you sure you just haven't seen or heard anything funny lately? Maybe you only think you've lost your sense of humor because you just haven't heard a great joke lately."

"Nah man, I've heard lots of great jokes lately - jokes that have made everyone around me hearing them too bust out laughing - but not me. I've truly lost my sense of humor."

"That's crazy, Dude, and really sad. Maybe you just need to watch a couple of comedies, like Top Secret or The Forty-Year Old Virgin. Those films will crack up a hanging Judge."

"Nope - watched both of those films within the last few weeks, and nothing. Not even a mirthful smirk. It's gone man, and I don't think it's ever coming back." 

"Dude, this is serious, we have to get you some help for this. Have you tried a Richard Pryor marathon?" Early stuff, like from '...Is It Something I Said' or maybe 'That Niggers Crazy'?"

"I'm telling you Bro, I've tried everything you can think over the last few months - watched Chaplin and Keaton's best shorts, Listened to all the early stuff from Winters, Newhart, Tomlin, Diller, Rivers, Cheech & Chong - hell, I even listened to Sandler's early stuff just to be sure. Nothing happened, man, nothing at all. It's like I've just been stripped of the ability to laugh."

"Well, damn, man, that is really kinda horrible. Wish there was some way I could help you out."

"Not that I know of, but just in case, what was the joke?"

"Well, a man goes before a judge and requests a change of name. The Judge asks the man his name, and the man replies, 'Lucifer Crapper."

"Oh, I see," says the Judge. "And what you like to change your name to?"

"The man replies, "Robert Crapper."

Hilarity ensued.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment