Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, March 7, 2024

The Butterflies Of National City

    National City, California has undergone a serious transformation since I was a kid. Walking around the city a few weeks ago I was amazed at the changes. For starters, the city is much cleaner, physically and, for lack of a better term, morally.

   Makes me sound quite prudish, I know, but when I was a kid National City was known for the hundreds of businesses that catered were designed to separate young Naval personnel from their hard earned cash.

   Those businesses, the bars, massage parlors, adult theaters, etc., took advantage of the large population of young, predominantly male, Sailors whose decision making abilities were hampered by the curse of testosterone, and as most people know I abhor the scum who open and run such businesses as those.

   But I digress. Today's little portfolio is of the many different butterfly paintings that have surfaced in National City over the past few decades. Amateur creations, one and all, but still an improvement over what was.

   An appropriate symbol of the city's metamorphosis, eh?










   


No comments:

Post a Comment