Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, August 22, 2024

A Salute To Brad Wegscheider, The Best Man I Ever Worked For

   I received news today that Brad Wegscheider, the best man I ever had the pleasure to work for, passed away yesterday.

   Which saddened me immensely, even though it was not unexpected, as Brad had been ill for some time.

   He was a big man with a great big personality and even greater, bigger integrity and character. His demeanor was as even-keeled as it gets, and in the five years I worked for him I never once doubted I was working for one of the best there was at what he did.
 
   He was that rare person who, as a manager, made you feel that he was not only always in your corner, he was actually always working for you - doing everything he could to make you the best you could be, motivating you, encouraging you, challenging you, rewarding you. 

   I am most definitely a much better person for knowing Brad, and his influence on me will last forever.

   There are a few stories I could share about Brad that are funny, inspirational, and even poignant, but this is not really the time or place for them. All I really want to state here is that the world as a whole lost one of the good ones yesterday, and the world as a whole is the worse for it.

   R.I.P. Brad, you earned it.
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment