Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Duck & Cover

   Some situations are avoidable, some are not. 

   Unfortunately, the situations that are unavoidable are rarely good, at least not in my experience.

   I cannot recall one single instance over the course of my lifetime when I have thought to myself, "Man, how the heck did I get in this situation? Why oh why oh why did I have to buy this winning lottery ticket?" or "Dang, just my luck to be standing next to this incredibly intelligent, emotionally available, fun & funny, beautiful woman who is pretty much demanding my phone number so she can call me up and ask me out to dinner next week."

   Nope, not once.

   No, usually the circumstances of the unavoidable situations are nearly always dire to some degree.

  There may be times when you find yourself in one of those unavoidable situations and you might start wondering if you're going to be able to get out of it unscathed.

   You might even find yourself trying to strike a bargain with the god or gods of your choosing to get yourself out of the unavoidable situation. You might even find yourself running scenarios through your head inwhich you do find a way out of the unavoidable situation with nary a scratch.

   That's fantasizing, and only clouds the mind. When you find yourself in an unavoidable situation, you need your wits about you - all of the wits you can muster, and they have to be sharp.

   The unavoidable situation is going to unfold and happen and run it's course. The chances of escaping unscathed are always 50/50, but as everyone knows, 50/50 is not a great bet.

   So what can one do? Well, first thing of course is don't do anything that will make the unavoidable situation worse, and the second thing to do is to minimize your part in the unavoidable situation.

   And third, try to dodge the fall out. Because there is always fall out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment