Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Torqued Up And Over


Being frequently wrong throughout the course of my life has been a blessing and a curse, for all involved.

Before I stumbled upon the truth of my nature, it was the blind leading the stubborn. I'd assume I knew how something worked, or what something was about, and I'd bluster my way through it. 

That annoyed many, and got me nowhere.

At least now, being cognizant, it's getting easier and easier to step back, take a deep breath, and say; "Whew, I'm way off base. I better apologize and ask for some help with this."

It's insidious though, this aspect of my nature. For reasons well beyond the keen of my intellect, it will lay dormant for awhile, as if patiently waiting for the the perfect moment to assert itself.

And right at that crucial make or break moment, that "every- so-often" when it appears that I finally might have it figured out...

...then it strikes. I have it all wrong. My base assumptions are incorrect, or possibly my methodology is flawed, or I approached it from the wrong angle.

Keeps a guy humble, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment