Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Bozos Are On The Razzle

                         Kona wants to know what is it with those replacement referees?

All I wanted was the highlights of the Padres/Dodgers game. What I got was an analysis of the last few seconds of the Monday Night Football game between the Seattle Seahawks and the Green Bay Packers that put the dissection of the Zapruder film to shame.

Okay, a call was blown that cost a team a victory. It's not the first time it's ever happened, and write this down, it won't be the last. 

So the blown call was made by a replacement ref, one of the guys hired to fill in for the regular refs who are on strike. That makes the bad call that much more egregious I suppose. 

If I was a football fan I suppose I would care, but I'm not really a football fan. I like baseball, and my loyalties lie with the San Diego Padres, who absolutely stink this year but have managed to put together a second half that is just short of miraculous.

Not miraculous as in they chanced upon a cure for cancer miraculous, more so in the sports analogy use of the word, which means they have been winning when they really shouldn't have been - the team does not have a single .300 hitter, and their best pitcher is just over .500, and as he's pitching tonight, could actually end up being smack dab at .500.

I just checked. Richards is 14 - 12, so even if he loses tonight, he'll still be over .500. Yay.

I expected to be able to see a few highlights of last night's game on the noon Sportscenter, but for twenty minutes all I got was talking heads quarreling about how big a travesty the MNF game was. 

It's freaking Wednesday afternoon! That happened Monday night! It's over! Let it go!

I got to see one play from the Padres 2-1 win Tuesday night - Kemp being picked off between 3rd and home on a clever play by Chase Headley. 

Then yet another look at the last few seconds of the MNF game...poor replacement ref, they're putting him through the Bill Buckner wringer. Ouch.

  "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."   Colonel John Paul Stapp

No comments:

Post a Comment