Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas And Costco...Yikes!

       Apparently, everybody forgets about the ninth rule of Costco during the Holidays...

Had to go to Costco today. Didn't want to - oh god no, I did not want to at all. But I had to. Work will have me tied up every day until Christmas and there were a few things I just had to get - for the big dinner.

I went in braced for the worst. As you may recall, I posted the rules of Costco awhile back (http://cbakunasart.blogspot.com/2012/07/rules-of-costco.html). They are not harsh rules, they are not difficult to understand, and they are certainly not hard to follow. Except, apparently, by every single soul who is jamming the aisles looking for the first 5 seasons of The Big Bang Theory on DVD for little Bobby and a complete, professional caliber 229 piece tool kit for dear old Dad.

It was as bad as expected. Nay, even worse. People who hadn't been to Costco but once in the past year were pushing carts overflowing with huge stuffed animals and gigantic tin drums full of Almond Roca the wrong way down the aisles, and stopping to chat with neighbors they hadn't waved at since last Spring, all the while blocking access to the free sample ladies.

Somehow it reminded me of a few Catholics I know going to Midnight Mass.

Two items. That's all I needed to get my hands on. A pecan pie and a pumpkin pie. Shouldn't have taken more than twenty minutes, half an hour at the most.

Hah! I'm such a pathetic dreamer! I didn't get out of there a minute short of an hour and a half! Of course I ended up buying a few items I didn't need - more turkey meatballs, jalapeno poppers, and enough pierogi to feed half the neighborhood.

Com' on, had to get the pierogi. I'm of Lithuanian descent, what else are we going to eat on Christmas Eve? ('cept in Lithuania they are called Koldunai, accent on the u)



No comments:

Post a Comment