Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Six Seconds Remaining On The Clock

Down to the wire, as they say. 

That's how I would motivate myself when I was younger. Whenever I was facing a deadline on a project - anything from homework to getting all the weeds pulled from an area of the yard that my Mom had been bugging me to weed for who-knows-how-long, that's what I would be repeating to myself, in my head if not aloud.

"Six seconds remaining on the clock as this young man from the mediocre streets of Southeast San Diego races to finish his assigned task..."

Seriously, it worked as far as motivating me to not only pick up the pace, but to actually achieve fairly decent results.

Might have to start using that mantra again.

No comments:

Post a Comment