Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Remembering The Woman Who Called Me A Blessing


It was a year ago that my mother passed away
Most everyday this month I've thought about her
How simple she was, and how brilliant she was
She never had more than a high school education
Yet she knew things, things that people with degrees
People with titles 
Multiple letters after their names
Failed to grasp
She knew how to keep six kids fed, clothed and sheltered
Without a husband to pitch in
She knew how to press on
When she knew it was neccessary
She knew how to concede ground
When she knew it was neccessary
My siblings and I
We were never the angels she wanted us to be
But she made damn sure we never became
The demons the neighborhood wanted us to be

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved to witness little women with fierce personalities. I envy their strength.

    ReplyDelete