Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Friday, November 16, 2018

Grateful For Eyesight

I like to look at things.

I get an incredible feeling of joy from staring at things that I consider beautiful.

I derive great pleasure, for example, from the vivid, pollution-enhanced colors of a Southern California sunset.

Visual stimulation literally gets me high.

Rainbows are another good example.

I like to stare at rainbows, too.

That they even exist amazes me.

Yeah, there are those who scoff at placing importance in visceral pleasures taken from such everyday occurrences as sunsets and rainbows. 

But screw those people with a cactus.

I know they are simply prismatic effects involving light, water, gas, etc.

But it's not the cause that's beautiful, it's the effect.

Somewhat like life.


No comments:

Post a Comment