Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Just Minding My Own Business



I was just minding my own business at the bar enjoying a night out on the town when this girl with a sultry walk and wild smile came up to me and asked if she could sit down. I'm not one for passing up chances from attractive ladies making passes, so I stood and pulled her out a seat.

She told me her name was Gina as she sat down and I replied with mine. She asked if I was alone for the evening and I told her I was, and then said that if I didn't mind, she would sure like to be my company for awhile, as she didn't much want to be alone tonight herself

For about 1/100 of a second I thought she was coming on a bit strong and could not possibly be single. Hell, it actually crossed my mind that she most likely was a professional and I'd be best served by passing on the offer, but then my libido took control and I heard the words, "Sure, that would be great, what are you drinking?" come out of my mouth.

About 45 minutes of chatting and a few drinks passed between us before she excused herself, and I watched as she walked towards the restrooms on the far end of the bar.

When I turned back to my drink a guy wearing a cowboy hat and a blue denim long-sleeve work shirt was next to me, uncomfortably so.

There was no expression on his face, but there was an odd look of sadness in his eyes.

He looked at me and said in a steady quiet voice, "Hey man, enjoy the ride while you can. But I'm going to give you the same advice the guy who caught me with her in a place much like this just a little over a year ago gave me. She's not trustworthy, not for a minute, she's always looking for a bigger, better deal, and tonight it looks like you're it. So stay on your toes and always know if she's going to cheat on me with you, she's going to eventually cheat on you, too."


The man then turned away and left, and I could feel the eyes of the bar upon me. It was just a minute or so until that girl I thought was too fine to be single came back to the bar and asked me what we were going to be doing next. I looked straight into her eyes and I answered with a quiet laugh, telling her I thought I'd be getting on my way. She got a mean look on her face and asked me what my problem was and I said that tonight, for the first time in a long time, I had no problem, I only had answers, and then I put on my hat and walked out into the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment