Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Monday, September 30, 2019

A Relic From 1977

Rifling through boxes full of the remains of my youth and I found this, written when I was 14. Bear in mind I was listening to a lot of folk music at the time.

I'm not going to listen to your lies anymore
I'm not going to let you turn me inside and out
It's the end of the road
 The door is closed
The punch has been thrown
You've scored a knockout

It may seem odd, it may be contrary
To what you were hoping to find
But I've torn down my defenses
 I'm open to attack
The victory is yours for the taking
It's the naked leading the blind

I'm not going to listen to your lies anymore
I'm not going to allow you to tie me up in knots
It's a new day dawning 
And I see the light
Of the sun or an oncoming car
Either or it looks to be a million megawatts

It may seem cruel, it may be heartless
Then again, maybe it's par for your course
With a heart as cold as yours
Dying for attention 
But lacking in substance
One only has to question the source

I did not write any notes as to what motivated me to write this at that time and my memory is dodgy. I think it was written about either A. Crice or some other teenage crush.




Man, I peaked at a very early age.






No comments:

Post a Comment