Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Stuff Rolling Around In The Old Cranium

The toughest part about creating any form of art is a two-pronged pitchfork, or maybe a two headed demon-dog. It is learning how to calmly accept criticism and how to calmly accept a compliment.

This is it, the season of dread for guys like me. I'm a fairly successful guy, at least by the standards set in the neighborhood I came from, and my job consumes a lot of my time. 

   This time of year guys like me are at risk of losing their wives or girlfriends to some long-gone high school crush who suddenly shows up as a single dad (usually due to losing the wife or girlfriend to cancer) doing his best to teach the true meaning of Christmas to his motherless children, probably by volunteering at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter on Christmas eve (if you're a dude in a same-sex relationship, the same risk might apply to you - I'm not sure, but still, heads up).

Fortunately for me, I don't have a wife or a girlfriend (that I'm aware of). 

Why doesn't getting fat require a strict regimen and incredible willpower? Why can't being healthy and thin come about due to lack of dedication to a high-carb diet and laziness?

What does my physical condition say about me? Obviously I get to the gym. Obviously I also get to Old Chicago.

In my ideal world everyone, especially myself, is always calm, rational, and happy.

If you are seeing a Therapist my advice to you is to be as honest as you can possibly be without risking legal repercussions.

On that note, please try not to do anything that ever puts you at risk of being arrested.

Thirty years ago fewer than a million people owned a cell phone. This past Cyber Monday over three billion dollars was spent buying cellphones.







No comments:

Post a Comment