Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Idiots To Criminals, Geniuses to Statesmen

I'm up to my eyes in it

May as well let the cat out of the bag

It's no longer a secret so I'm just goin' to have to admit

My heart's no longer willing to submit


For awhile now patience's been wearing a red flag

Timer getting louder and louder with every passing minute

Too many zeros following that number on the price tag

All those best laid plans hitting every imaginable snag


Sometimes the truth sets you free 

And sometimes the truth sentences you to life

Alone like a shipwreck victim in the Saragossa sea

Down the maelstrom of sorrow in a barrel full of strife


Can no longer close my eyes to it

If I try to keep my mouth shut any longer I'll gag

I took a bite of the ice cream but all I got was sand and grit

Can't push the envelope any further, time to quit


Cat no longer curls up in my lap, dog's tail refuses to wag

Going down on strikes like Rob Deer, can't buy a hit

Running slower than a snail suffering from jet lag

Can't get any worse and I'm not trying to brag


Sometimes the truth sets you free 

And sometimes the truth sentences you to life

Alone like that one partridge in that pear tree

Which wasn't even close enough to satisfy that guys wife









No comments:

Post a Comment