Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, January 2, 2022

After The Fire

 I hadn't been able to sleep through the night since Thursday. Not knowing whether or not the store was still standing was nerve wracking to the nth degree.

 There was no listing of structures that had either been devoured by the fire or had been spared, and none of the footage shown on any of the channels or put up online provided even a slight glimpse of the store.

   So I did the only thing I could do - I took the Light Rail up to Superior Saturday afternoon in hopes of being able to get a first hand visual.

This was what I saw from the Light Rail stop The Chuck E Cheese and Whole Foods both looked to have been spared.

 The showroom was located just out of sight, behind the Whole Foods building.

BTW, all of those snow covered cars in the parking lot belong to commuters who use the light rail and were not able to retrieve their vehicles since the hard evacuation was implemented Thursday afternoon.

Yes! The store is still standing (I digitally removed the name of the showroom as I did not want to give the impression I was capitalizing on a disaster).


No comments:

Post a Comment