Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, May 28, 2022

She Enjoys Doing Crossword Puzzles

She buys the New York Times on Sunday 
Just for the magazine
Because that magazine has a challenging crossword puzzle
She grabs a pen and begins with a quick review of the clue
"Blame Game" it is, and she gets underway

Down then Across that's just her routine
"Quiet the dog" (six letters), she jots down muzzle
Her eyes are alight as she writes Guru in for Mystic Hindu 
Then she frowns while she ponders "Fiji's ____ Day"
Mumbles something a bit obscene

Looks over at me and asks who else was Bill Russell
"Celtic great" I reply on cue and she looks a bit askew 
"Nope", she sighs, "It starts with a D as in dismay"
Try "Dodger great" I venture to subvene
She smiles and gives me a little nuzzle

Sports are not exactly within her purview
The only subject I suspect I may be asked for my say
On everything else she's the trivia queen
That's what makes her great, that big brain muscle 
It's her mind that made it easy to fall into



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment