Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Not Every Father Deserves To Be Called Dad


She said that I looked listless 
                        and asked me what was on my mind
On a lark I replied with exactly
                        what was on my mind
For probably the first time ever
      "Well, if you really want to know..."
Those words were spoken slowly
                        to give her an out if desired.
She apparently did not desire an out
                        as she said she did indeed want to know

So I said
      "Last night I had a dream in which I was standing over my father's grave..."
                       I hesitated there for a second, then continued
      "Taking a piss."
Turning away from the window 
                       I looked for the reaction on her face
She looked slightly annoyed

Then she said, "Are you telling me this is the first time you've ever had this dream?"

No comments:

Post a Comment