Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Slow Down For The Sleeping Policemen

   For reasons known only to the deepest recesses of my memory, this morning I suddenly recalled my Glaswegian friend Jim referring to the speed bumps in the road that ran in front of his children's elementary school as "sleeping policemen".

   When I asked him why he referred to the speed bumps as "sleeping policemen" he replied that it was due to his English father calling them such. 

   Jim then asked me what we in the states referred to speed bumps as.

   I replied, "We call speed bumps, speed bumps". 

   Jim just nodded and said, "Of course, you Americans lack a bit in the creative naming department". 

No comments:

Post a Comment