Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Ramblings Written On Bridges


    Saw a couple of interesting messages/poems/ramblings under a bridge today. Both signed only with the initials "A.K.F.

    The one above reads (as best as I can determine);

     I sulb self gone bei 2023, spitting & spewing what I know to be truth: 
     Chosen from the masses because I think I'm highly favored to allow
     my wiggle to teach the few with pray
     There are so very many yet only one and even the people will be 
     doubters and nay-sayers - as I travel the world, soul surfing
     in search of those who would condemn and punish in the
     end the mask wearing betrayers
     J.C. himself told me in days ahead they will do
     you the same: but brother he said, "you shall overcome
     your trials also, the __ evil one knows you by name."
     Worry not brother of mine it pales sadly to 
     your sacrifice only you use shall achieve pure love & good
     but my ranting and raving will also not be understood.
     Still an all I trust & believe to be righteous, by our father
     and your spilled blood unto death I will speak of life: an even if the
     flames burn my flesh, even the cold painful hurt will not stay sway me 
     from doing what is right...
                                               A.K.F. 
                                              2023

 
   There's an obvious biblical influence in what A.K.F. has scrawled on the wall - I'm picking up a strong Book of Nehemiah vibe

   The second one was across the street on the other side of the bridge, and was given the title, "One Bright Morning"
     

   It was printed a little more clearly, so this may be bit more accurate:

                                           One Bright Morning
                           I will dance upon tulips while planting
                    multicolored roses, as I also soul surf
                    most of my spare time: I've seen beyond to look
                    within, could really use some rather then lose them all
                    the smoke far off in the distance is truly mine
                    If none see me weed will they know that I cry
                    One bright morning, one bright morning at a time:
                    oh how sweet the sound must be if he inhabits the
                    the prayers of the people who must be blind
                                                                                                   A.K.F.
                                                                                                    2023

   The above little ditty is both biblical (well, religious - One Bright Morning is the title of a Christian folk song/hymn) and reminiscent of Bob Marley (the Rastaman chant) Of course, quite a few songwriters, poets, novelists, etc. have used those very words as titles or lyrics or parts of sentences.

   It was even part of a childhood rhyme ("One bright morning, in the middle of the night..." C'mon, you must remember that one).

   I cannot begin to imagine what motivated A.K.F. to take the time to put pen to concrete abutment and share these thoughts with the world, but I have to admit it's a nice change from the usual graffiti one sees on bridge abutments.


No comments:

Post a Comment